Experience Visual Freedom in Oklahoma
At Advanced Laser and Cataract Center in Oklahoma City, we know how important your eyesight is and how frustrating it can be to live with less than perfect vision. That is why we are dedicated to helping patients find vision solutions that improve their lives. We offer a number of vision correction procedures, including Implantable Contact Lenses (ICL). Our experienced Oklahoma eye doctors perform Visian ICL, a state-of-the-art procedure that involves adding a lens in front of your natural lens to dramatically improve vision.
How Does the Visian ICL Procedure Work?
The Visian ICL lens is made of collamer, an advanced and exclusive material that is biocompatible, which means it works naturally with your eye. Unlike some vision correction procedures, your eye’s cornea is not altered during the Visian ICL procedure.
The first step in your Visian ICL process is a consultation with a member of the Advanced Laser Team to discuss your eye health and vision goals and map out your personalized treatment plan. The entire Visian ICL procedure lasts approximately 30 minutes and is performed as follows:
- Numbing eye drops are placed in the eyes and a mild sedative is given to the patient for optimal comfort.
- A tiny incision is made in the eye.
- The lens is folded and inserted.
- The lens unfolds and is placed just behind the iris and in front of your natural lens.
- Results are instant!
Visian Toric ICL
Advanced Laser and Cataract Center in Oklahoma City is thrilled to offer the Visian Toric ICL. The advanced technology of the Visian Toric ICL makes it possible for a wider range of patients to take advantage of the convenience of vision improvement with implantable contact lenses. Previously, patients with astigmatism were not candidates for ICL, which meant that those with astigmatism and severe nearsightedness that excluded laser procedures were limited in their vision correction options. The FDA approved Visian Toric ICL is designed to correct astigmatism with mild to severe nearsightedness.
Am I A Candidate for Visian ICL or Visian Toric ICL?
The best way to learn if you are a candidate for Visian ICL is to schedule a consultation appointment. An Advanced Laser Visian ICL specialist will evaluate your vision and discuss your medical history and expectations to determine if Visian ICL is right for you. Ideal candidates include individuals who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45
- Have mild to severe nearsightedness, with or without astigmatism
- Have had the same prescription for at least six months
- Are not candidates for LASIK due to dry eyes or thin corneas or severe nearsightedness
- Are well-educated about the risks and benefits of the procedure
- Are free from any eye conditions such as glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy
Benefits of Visian ICL
There are many benefits of Visian ICL, some of the advantages include:
- Sharp, vivid, and clear vision is possible with Visian ICL
- FDA approved with over 800,000 implanted worldwide
- Large Treatment Range up to -20 D means that lots of different vision ranges may be candidates
- Can treat patients who aren’t candidates for LASIK
- Quick and painless procedure
- Little to no downtime or recovery time required
- Maintenance free, unlike regular contact lenses
- Apart from improved vision, you’ll never notice Visian ICL – patients typically cannot feel the ICL, unlike
regular contact lenses
- Boost confidence and enhance quality of life
- Lenses can be removed, if prescription changes
- Lenses have UVA and UVB protection
- Undetectable to others – no one will be able to see Visian ICL
Results and Recovery with Visian ICL
Clear, crisp vision is possible with Visian ICL and patients report a 99% Satisfaction Rate. There is very little downtime needed after the Visian ICL procedure. You will need a friend or family member to drive you home, and you should plan to rest the remainder of the day, but patients typically return to work within 2 days. We will schedule you for a follow-up appointment the day after your procedure.
How Much Does Visian ICL Cost?
The price of implantable contact lens procedures, including Visian ICL, can vary. The price of your customized procedure will depend on several factors, including your prescription. You can learn more about the cost of Visian ICL treatment during your consultation appointment. Advanced Laser and Cataract Center in Oklahoma City is dedicated to putting better vision within reach and we offer several financing options for our patients.
Risks or Side Effects of Visian ICL
Visian ICL has a very low complication rate compared to other elective surgeries. Our team will be available before, during, and after your procedure to discuss any potential complications and answer any questions you may have. Issues such as overcorrection or under correction, increase eye pressure, or clouding of the natural crystalline lens are extremely rare. Patients may experience some mild discomfort or grittiness immediately following the procedure, which is temporary and can be alleviated with prescribed eye drops.
Learn More about Visian ICL
Do you dream of seeing with clear, crisp vision? We would love to help you improve your vision and quality of life, as well as answer any questions you have about Visian ICL or other vision correction procedures. Schedule an evaluation at our office in Oklahoma City to find out if you’re a candidate for Visian ICL!