In-Office Lens Replacement
Good eyesight is important to our overall quality of life. Poor vision can be debilitating during everyday activities, and cause constant frustration. Fortunately, there are a number of excellent solutions available. Advanced Laser and Cataract Center offers Visian ICL, a state-of-the-art procedure that involves the surgical implantation of lenses to dramatically improve vision. Not only does Visian ICL correct blurry vision, it also allows patients to see images sharper, crisper, and more vividly. Our team has a wealth of experience performing eye surgeries, and has helped countless patients achieve the eyesight that makes them truly happy.
Visian ICL Procedure
You will meet with a member of the Advanced Laser Team for a consultation to discuss your case and map out your treatment plan. The entire Visian ICL procedure lasts approximately 30 minutes and is performed as follows:
- Numbing eye drops are placed in the eyes and a mild sedative is given to the patient for optimal comfort.
- A tiny incision is made in the eye.
- The lens is folded and inserted through the incision
- The lens unfolds once in place either between the cornea and the iris, or just behind the iris.
Results are instantly apparent and patients can usually return to work the day after surgery. We will want to see you for several checkups as well.
Candidates for Visian ICL
The only way to know for sure whether you are a candidate for Visian ICL is to schedule an evaluation. We will inquire about your medical history, and evaluate your condition before determining whether Visian ICL is right for your needs. Ideal candidates include individuals who:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 45
- Have mild to severe cases of nearsightedness or farsightedness, with or without astigmatism
- Have had the same prescription for at least six months
- Are not candidates for LASIK due to dry eyes or thin corneas
- Have realistic expectations
- Are well-educated about the procedure, including risks
- Are free from any eye conditions like glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy
Benefits of Visian ICL
The benefits of Visian ICL include:
- Achieve sharp, vivid, and clear vision
- Procedure is safe and effective – FDA approved
- Can correct even severe cases of nearsightedness
- Can treat patients who aren’t candidates for LASIK
- Procedure is quick and painless
- Little to no downtime or recovery time required
- Boost confidence and enhance quality of life
- Lenses can be removed if prescription changes
- Lenses have UVA and UVB protection
- Undetectable to others – no one will know you have lenses
Risks or Side Effects of Visian ICL
As with all surgeries, some risk is associated with Visian ICL of which you should be aware. We will spend ample time with you discussing any possible complications, and addressing your questions and concerns. Problems such as over correction or under correction, halos, or dry eye are extremely rare.
Patients may experience some mild discomfort or grittiness immediately following the procedure, which is temporary and can be alleviated with prescribed eye drops.
Learn More about Visian ICL
Do you dream of seeing with clear, crisp vision? Do you want to see all the vivid colors of the world, almost like you are seeing in high definition? If so, we can help make your dreams a reality. Schedule a evaluation today to find out if you’re a candidate!